A Division, Edinburgh City Police in 1929 in Parliament Square


 

 

 

 

 

 

This magnificent panoramic shot was taken outside the High Street Police station in Parliament Square, Edinburgh. A panoramic lens and clever joining together of the prints enabled all the officers to appear in one shot.

Many of the officers are wearing their World War One medals and some sport the ‘Mons Star’, the Military Medal or the Distinguished Conduct Medal.

A Division, which covered the City centre / South Side, ceased to exist in the late 1980’s when it absorbed into B and D Divisions.

A Division was reincarnated fairly recently and is now the only city Division.

Advertisements